Sunday, March 13, 2016

Application and Acceptance

Two years ago. After my first semester in college I applied for the Disney College Program only to get a NLIC (No longer in consideration) soon after. I thought to myself, "Well dang." and it seemed really impossible to get in. I continued with my life -- school, work, social life. I never really pondered on it. Until this past January, something got me to log onto the website, got me to fill out an application, and send it again for round 2.

Jan 12. I applied for the DCP. Soon after that same day I got an email, which I assumed was another NLIC. That instead turned out to be a Web-Based Interview [oh, thank God]

Jan 13. The following day, I received another email. [NLIC? Nope!] It was an email to schedule my Phone Interview! [OKAY, COOL]. This was starting to get really exciting! I didn't even get nearly this far last time I had applied! So I login online, check out the available times, schedule it for a time I knew I'd be alone with at least 30 minutes to talk, and wrote it down in my planner.

Jan 21. Around 9:30 PM on a Wednesday night, I anxiously awaited my phone call and when it finally came in, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous.
**Sidenote: I had done some research prior to my call as to see what kind of questions they'd ask. It was pretty basic questions about myself, my work/school experience, how I'd react in scenarios, and why I chose primarily the role I did [I chose Attractions, cause duh]
My interview when on for about 20ish minutes and it went pretty well. The only tip I'd give: BE YOURSELF. Remember, it's Disney. So try your best to show off your best and bubbly personality that I'm sure you have. She told me that all decisions would be finalized by April 15th, which for some reason I assumed that would be when I'd find out. [Wrong!] Since I assumed I had a long wait to find out, I kinda forgot about it to be honest.

Feb 24. I was at work minding my business, y'know, working and all. I checked my phone for a second and saw an email from Disney! Its header read: "Disney College Program - Congratulations!" And when I tell you I had a heart attack, I'm not kidding [ok. yes, I am]. So I opened it up without getting my hopes up too high. But lo and behold, it surely was an emailing offering me a position for the DCP! [agggghhhhh] I was so happy. 

The Letter. So I had to click on a link to read the actual letter of offering. It congratulated me again, told me my role (Attractions), how much $ they were offering me hourly, and the program offered [I got Fall Advantage 2016]

Moment of Truth. I was so ecstatic I hadn't even realized they offered me Fall Advantage... That meant I was leaving in May/June rather than August like I had anticipated (I had a lot of things planned for the Summer). But I texted a few friends, called my mom, and two days (they give you 7 days to accept or deny) after a lot of consideration, I ACCEPTED the offer!

Feb 26. "Welcome to the Disney College Program Team!" It was official, y'all! I accepted the offer, paid my fees ($300 for housing events and first few weeks of housing), and picked my date of arrival (June 13th) [92 days from today, LOL].

So since then it's pretty much just been a waiting game from now till June. But I'll make the best of it. Thanks for reading!


xoxo. 

Love, Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment