Monday, May 23, 2016

Beach Babe

As my moving day approaches, I realized how much I'll miss living in Miami.


Oh, how I'll miss the authenticity of our Cuban cuisines, how I'll miss my friends and family, and most importantly how I'll miss the easy access to the beauty that is our Florida beaches. 

With that being said, these past few weeks I've been taking crazy advantage of the beaches that surround me -- even if that means going the extra (hundred) miles. 

For my friend's 21st birthday, we rented a boat for a couple of hours to cruise from North Bay Village all the way to Downtown Miami and back. We sipped on a few drinks while catching some rays, in hopes of a DJ Khaled jet-ski sighting. However, we were unsuccessful. But I did get good dosage of Vitamin D and plenty of post-worthy Instagram pics.



That same week was Cinco de Mayo. A Mexican holiday celebrating their victory against the French during the Battle of Puebla. Yet, another reason to grab a few brews and make my way to the beach with some friends. This time we hung out at Dania Beach. We rested our towels and snacked on some chips and watermelon. And of course, in holiday spirit, we had to get my favorite Mexican drink, Corrrrrrona. Some we even spiked and made Loaded Coronas by adding rum. We ended the night at my spot, Norman's, where we took some tequila shots, had a few margaritas -- all in the spirit of the holiday, of course.


The weekend after, I went to Bonita Beach with my parents and grandma. We spent the day at the beach relaxing and enjoying our Mother's Day weekend. I tried fish tacos for the first time at Doc's Beach House, a super cute restaurant/bar alongside the beach. After a half hour drive from the beach, we made it to our hotel in Naples. The next morning we got up pretty early to have a BBQ at the resort's pool.



The next day, I had a half day road trip with my friend, Marina. I had some business to take care in the Florida Keys which led us to this great spot with this amazing view -- check it out.


This was my view at lunch at Buzzards Roost in Key Largo. I had oysters and a chicken avocado sandwich that was to die for. Can't wait to go back!

Well, this was just a little taste of the fun adventures I've had prior to my move! Hope you enjoyed reading!


xoxo, Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment